You are currently in Archive View Mode. You are now vieweing the call titled: The Story of Art: Pequot Library's 20th Annual Art Show (October 14-22, 2017), which ended on 9/28/17, 2:01 PM. All call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Pequot Library in Southport, Connecticut is pleased to announce a call for submissions to its 20th Annual Art Show, The Story of Art. The exhibition will be on view from October 14-22, 2017 in Pequot Library’s historic auditorium, which provides an outstanding backdrop for the show. Submissions must be received by September 25, 2017 in order to be considered for entrance.
Adrienne Ruger Conzelman is a private art dealer and advisor, and the Director of ARC Fine Art in Fairfield, Connecticut.
Helen Klisser During is an Art Advisor, Curator, Photojournalist, and Artistic Director Emeritus at Westport Arts Center, Westport,Connecticut.
Ms. Conzleman and Ms. During are seeking a variety of artistic mediums, focusing closely on the expression, either traditional or abstract, of the story presented to viewers.
• Painting, Photography, Mixed Media, Works on Paper, Drawing, Multi-Media, and Sculpture will be accepted.
• 2D artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped and installation ready. All artwork must be wired for hanging – no hooks.
• 3D art must have its own professional-looking means of display.
• All entries must be for sale. No exceptions.
• Artists are asked to present the “story” behind each piece through a short description. This description should be entered into “The Story Behind Your Work” field during the submission process.
• Users must first press the green register button at the top right of the webpage to register with the ArtCall.org website. You will then be able to submit your artwork for the Pequot Library Art Show.
• Maximum of five submissions per artist. Limited to works that have not been shown in a previous Pequot Library Art Show and that have been executed in the last 5 years.
• Files must be formatted as a JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4, MP3, PDF, or DOC. Image minimum length on longest side: 960px, and maximum length on longest side: 4600px. Max file size for images: 4mb, or 25mb for Audio, Video, & PDF.
• Submission deadline is September 25, 2017 at midnight.
• Pequot Library will only accept submissions through ArtCall.org. Questions or concerns? Please call (203) 259-0346 ext. 113 or email email@example.com.
• First Place – $500 and a solo exhibition in Pequot Library’s Perkin Gallery October 2018.
• Second Place – $250.
• Third Place - $100.
• Pequot Library and the artist will split the proceeds of sold art 50/50.
• Payment to the artist will be made via check within 30 days of the close of the exhibition.
Liability & Insurance:
• Pequot Library assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any submitted work of art for any reason before, during, or after
• Insurance protection is the responsibility of each artist.
• The entry fee is $25 per piece and is non-refundable.
• The entry fee for young artists (age 22 and under) is $15 per piece. Please use coupon code Pequot1 to receive this discount.
• Includes one ticket to the Artists and Collectors Party on October 22, 2017 from 12-3pm.
Selected Works Drop Off and Pick Up:
Pequot Library will notify all artists of the status of their submission(s) by October 1, 2017. Only artwork selected for the exhibition should be dropped off to Pequot Library on October 7, 2017 between 10 am -2pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time.
Artwork must be picked up Sunday, October 22, 2017 between 2 pm-4pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time. Following the pick-up day after the close of the show, there will be a storage charge of $10 per day for any work left at Pequot Library.
• Pequot Library reserves the right to reproduce images for educational and promotional purposes. By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
For more information, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 259-0346 ext. 113